Last few photos from Akita

10 days left until I leave for Canada...

I still have just over a week left in Akita, but I thought I'd post what will probably be my last photo blog.  I still have plans to make a video, but who knows if that will actually happen.  Here they are.


Being treated to sushi in Nikaho City in southern Akita.

Flooding just outside my apartment - luckily the road was flooded but not my apartment building (or too much else).

Sunset in Katagami City over the rice fields, which have just been planted.

Akita City from a different point of view.

A cooking class from a friend.  She taught us stuffed eggplant, chicken in sauce, a simple salad, tsunomono, and miso.

Gojome Town.  July.

Nekobari Iwa, Gojome Town.

Nekobari Iwa, Gojome Town.  If there is a favourite place for me in Akita, this is it.

Coastline of the Sea of Japan, Oga City.

Onsen (hot spring), which is empty because it is Wednesday afternoon just before a typhoon will hit.

A goodbye present of a baseball from one of my schools.  It has the team's motto, which is "克己躍進" "Self-control, great progress."  

Popular Posts