Three Ramens

Since I have gone on a few ramen adventures lately, I thought I'd post some of them.  All three of these ramen shops were recommended to me, so a big thank you for the recommendations.  All three ramen shops are in Akita.

1.  麺屋 にぼすけ 広面店, Nobosuke Noodles
https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/nibosuke88






























The ramen shop here is pretty small - only about 10 seats, but the ramen is very good.  The soup was super thick and the toppings were generous.   Very nice experience and delicious soup base.  Definitely filling though, so a healthy appetite is needed.

2. らーめん萬亀, Banki Ramen
https://tabelog.com/akita/A0501/A050101/5004701/



I'd been meaning to go here for a while but Banki has this insane idea that they can be open from 11am-3pm only, but most days they have a lineup out the door.  You'd think that would mean increased prices, but I ate a sizeable mean for under ¥1000 - and that was the regular size with added meat.  The soup was thick and salty, the meat was tender and juicy, and the noodles were cooked perfectly.  Considering that some people consider it the best ramen in Akita, I thought I would be disappointed.  I was not.  One of top 3 bowls of ramen I have eaten.

3. 竹本商店つけ麺 Takemoto Tsukemen 
http://www.takemotostore.com



This is tsukemen, which means that the noodles, etc. are served separately from the soup.  This one comes still boiling.  The soup is a beautiful mix of pork and shrimp base.  You could almost just eat the soup without the noodles or toppings - it's that good.  But, the noodles and toppings were good as well.  I'll definitely be back.

Popular Posts