Fall 2016 (a bit delayed): Akita, Aomori, and Tokyo


So, due to file upload limits, I'll post a few travel blogs on Blogger.  I guess I'm a few months behind posting anything, but...

Last fall was relatively busy with work and so I didn't have much time to get out and explore.  Still, here is a summary of my fall in a few pictures:

Akita's Rice Fields.  About 15 minutes from downtown Akita City.



A trip down to Tokyo to meet people.  This is Akihabara, which is a sort of Mecca for anime and video gamers.  Lots of interesting places to explore.  Lots of people, especially in contrast to the Akita (pictured above).

Harajuku in Tokyo.  Famous for outrageous clothing, although it was fairly tame on the day we went.  Still, pretty busy!

A park nearby in a town called Ikawa.  Sort of like Tokyo, but with no people.  And lots of nature.   And it is super quiet and there are no buildings - just trees and a lake.

The park in Ikawa also has art.

Hirosaki Castle Park in Autumn.

Hirosaki Castle Park in Autumn.

Hirosaki Castle Park in Autumn.

Hirosaki Castle Park in Autumn.

Hirosaki Castle Park in Autumn.

In the middle of the mountains, at the end of an unpaved road is this little onsen (hot spring) called Tsurunoyu.  It has open air, mixed gender baths.  The water is white from the minerals and they say that you can smell if a person has been here for a week afterward.  Some people claim the waters cure a bunch of illnesses.  It's a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.  Really the only way to do winter.

Tsurunoyu Onsen

A beautiful ramen.  One of many ramen experiences this winter.  From one of my favourite ramen shops, Sakuragiya.  It usually has a lineup out the door.

I can't at all understand why I gained weight this past winter... Nagahama Coffee (local coffee chain).  I go there so often that the one server tells me when new cakes are available.

Popular Posts